Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm back together with Mr. Scale

At least for this week. I didn't like my weekly weigh-in result, (+1 pound) so I asked Brad to leave the scale out. I'm glad I did because this morning I was down two from yesterday, with a new low weight of 89 pounds lost. I like that a lot.

The weight loss has sure slowed down since my 6 month mark. I want to just be patient about it and not stress too much. I know I'm living in a healthy manner and will continue to do so. I just hope that my body continues to shed the weight.

I'm on my third week of Couch to 5 K. This week the plan is:
Walk for 5 minutes
Then do the following two times through:
Run for 90 seconds
Walk for 90 seconds
Run for 3 minutes
Walk for 3 minutes


I didn't know if I was going to be able to handle running for 3 minutes, but I surprised myself at how strong I am. I even ran an extra set of 90 seconds because the workout ended before I was home.

I did a new T-tapp workout called Hit the Floor this morning. It totally kicked my butt. It was so hard. It's going to take a lot of trying before I'm strong enough to do it, but I sure could use some toning in my lower body, so hopefully I can work up to being able to do the workout properly. For now, I'll just do my best and yell at Teresa while I try to follow her moves. :)

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Wow!! I had no idea you had this procedure done. It is so awesome to read through your journey and see the before/after pictures. Way to go!! (btw, I'm Larry's wife - found your blog link from your husband's page... just so you don't think I'm some random stranger).

Melissa said...

Hi Sonja. :)
Thanks for the enthusiasm. It's been a wonderful journey. I would have totally known who you are, especially given the picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow... before you know it you will be at the 1-0-0 mark!!!! Congrats!!

Amy said...

Is T-tapp dance?!?!?! I'm not in the groove I guess ;) I was just thinking about getting some dance workout videos........