Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday

I'm out of clever names for posts. Today is Saturday, thus the title. :)

I felt stronger during my jogging this morning. I've completed a second week of Week 2 and will step up to week 3 on Tuesday. I just need to work out the music thing, because it will be different. I should just take an afternoon and make up music lists for all of the remaining weeks in this program. We'll see.

I can't believe that September is almost over. I'm nervous for the weather to turn colder. I need to figure out a plan B for that, because right now I'm just jogging on the streets and while I'll be fine if it's chilly, I won't be if it's snowy and icy.

I have a friend who lives around the corner who offered to let me use her treadmill on such days. I need to take her up on that and get that organized.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The treadmill is calling your and my names! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You can still jog on cold and snowy days. It's actually fun! Just remember not to overdress -- dress as if it were 20 degrees warmer. So when it's 40 degrees outside, dress as if it's 60 degrees. You will warm up in the first 90 seconds and it feels great to be out in the crisp air! Mostly need to cover your head and hands. I have a great fleece baseball cap that is cozy. I also wear fleece gloves with open fingers so I can control my iPod. Hat, gloves, Long spandex pants, a sports bra, short sleeve t-shirt, and a long-sleeve t-shirt. If you get hot, you can remove the long-sleeve. Enjoy!

Melanie said...

Good on you - better to plan for the cold weather than simply look outside one mornign and think - what now? It's fuinny I was walking this afternoon thinking that it will be too hot to do afternoon walks soon! You're doing so well. I hope your toddler settles soon - I remember those nights so well.