Sunday, September 21, 2008

I missed my first day of exercise!

Saturday was to have been my third day of Couch to 5K for this week. I woke up stomach sick at 4 a.m. and needless to say I wasn't up to even sitting up for the whole day, let alone walking and jogging. I slept most of the day.

I don't know if I need to repeat week 2 or move on to week 3 of the program. I suppose I can always try week 3 and if it's too hard, I can back up to week 2.

My girls and I were all sick. It had to be something we ate the day before. I'm thinking the bit of raw cookie dough we snitched must have been the culprit. Although, the girls literally only had as much as was on a beater. Ugh. Not pretty. They were just as sick or sicker even, than I was.

The good experience in all of this is the priesthood blessing I was given by my husband while I was vomiting. As soon as I started I asked him to give me a blessing because the band can slip with excessive vomiting and necessitate a surgery to fix it. So Brad gave me a blessing while I was heaving. It subsided immediately and didn't return. I was so grateful for that. I continued being sick the other direction, but that's not hazardous to the band, just miserable for other reasons. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad you were sick but so grateful for the Priesthood in our lives.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys were sick. I was sick last week, and know how miserable it can be. Thankfully, I didn't throw up...just had it coming out a bit more south.

Hopeully you are all feeling better by now ;)