Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I survived

I survived the morning workout this morning and I even moved on to Week 2 of the Couch to 5K. I did get the music thing figured out and it was so awesome to have the music doing my timing for me. When the song switched I knew to switch between running and walking. I loved it. I'm going to do one for each week of this program and its different schedules.

This week's schedule is 5 minutes warm up followed by 20 minutes of alternating 90 seconds running and 2 minutes walking.

Bummer is that I was up one pound this morning from last week's weigh in. I was hoping to see consistent loss, but alas that is not the case.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Could you be losing fat, gaining more tone with muscle? I love my music to walk to - I'm not up to running anywhere yet. I think it's interesting what you say about the size of other people's serves. I was at a bistro with my parents the other week and the size of the meals struck me as almost obscene. But I would have happily munched through one a few months ago. Gotta agree - love the band.
Melanie

Melissa said...

Maybe that's the case, but how long can you use that excuse? I've been exercising consistently since the end of July and thought I was finished with the muscle building phase and ready for the fat-loss phase. Oh well, too bad my body doesn't obey my command! LOL

James and Katrina said...

What a great idea---music for the 5k plan. Smart. I missed Saturday too, but it's because I was lazy. I may have to repeat week 3 now. I'm loving the plan! Sorry you were so sick.