Saturday, September 6, 2008

Surreal

So I was cleaning out my closet this afternoon and started going through a box I've had for years, marked, "Melissa's Hopefuls "which contained some of my more favorite "skinny" clothes. They were from my single years, and early marriage years. Guess what? Every single one of them fit. Some were a little snug, but everything in there I could wear. I was really surprised. I've heard people say this before, but it really is puzzling when it's me experiencing it: I weighed about 30 pounds less than I do now when I was wearing these things. Maybe I'm more dense with muscle or something, but anyway, I no longer have clothes that I used to wear that I'm too big for. It floors me. I still have clothes that my friend has given me to shrink into, but not my old clothes anymore.

1 comment:

James and Katrina said...

So fun to read about your success! Way to go! You express yourself so well---you're a great writer.