Friday, September 19, 2008

The Biggest Loser: Families. . some thoughts but no spoilers

I watched the first episode of The Biggest Loser this week. I haven't ever watched this show before. A few things struck me.

First of all, Jillian and Bob are mean! I can't believe some of the things they do to push these guys. I know they mean well, but seriously, I couldn't handle being treated that way. What I did take away from that, though, is that I could push myself harder when I work out. I've never exercised hard enough to make myself puke and don't want to, but I could do more.

Secondly, this show is going to be good to help me continue to motivate myself to keep going. There are women on there that weigh less than I do, so that helps me realize there is still so much work to be done. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting all the progress I've made and how much I've changed, but I do appreciate the reminder that I can keep going and get to a healthier and slimmer self.

Thirdly, I really didn't want anyone to get voted off! It was horrible to realize someone would only get one week of this experience when all of them wanted and needed the effects of the show. I felt a little better when they show you at the end where those people are now and that they've continued getting healthier.

Also, it was interesting to me how many of these parent/child pairs have such similar body types. Almost like twins on a couple of them. They have to fight genetics as well as bad habits.

I'm looking forward to following this season of this show.

3 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

I love this show! It was really emotional this time too. I love Jillian, she is my favorite one (I subscribe to her daily e-mails). I like her take no pitty attitude. I know call me crazy but I am the drill seargent type.

Brad said...

Thanks for getting me interested in the show, Melissa. I enjoy watching it with you. :)

Anonymous said...

I had the same feelings as you..."Gee, I can workout harder/more" It is a good show and will hopefully give us a little incentive!!