Saturday, October 4, 2008

Strength

I feel so blessed. As I was doing my run/walk this morning, I was so overwhelmed with gratitude for where I am. I really feel that the whole Lapband surgery and following changes I've been able to make has been a gift from God. I feel that the desire and ability to do this exercise so diligently and not lose motivation has been divinely given. I'm pleased with myself for the effort I've put forth, but more than that, I feel that the ability to do so has been from His strength. I have wanted to do these things before, but never before has it clicked like it's clicking now. I prayed for years that I could find a way to lose weight and get healthy. My prayers have been answered and I feel that I must give praise to Him for this amazing journey I'm on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman. Love ya

James and Katrina said...

Love your outlook and your gratitude to God.

DocSly said...

Melissa, I so relate to what you are saying. In August before I had surgery, I ordered a silver bracelet that I wear each day. Is says "I can do all things in Him who stengthens me" My ability to exercise and remain committed is due to my faith in Him. Take care

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Melissa, you are just so AWESOME!!! Would you have ever guessed that your weight loss story would be a ministry of sorts? Since we started visiting, I have restructured my eating habits and am on day 3 of exercise. I have a long way to go, but seeing how far you've come is such and inspiration for me! HE does give you the strength to do everything!!! Will you please pray for me as well?

I can't wait to see all of your updates - keep up the wonderful work! PRAISE THE LORD!!!