Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am runner hear me breathe (heavily)!

I feel sooo good about my run today. It's becoming more run than walk, so I'm going to call them my runs from now on. I'm on Week 5, day 2 of the Couch to 5K program, which is:

Walk 5 min
Run 8 min
Walk 5 min
Run 8 min

This week's days are all different, increasing in intensity. Day 3 (Saturday, this week) is to walk 5 minutes, Run 20 minutes with no walking. It will be a challenge, but I'm totally up for it. I felt like I worked hard and pushed myself today, like I haven't done yet. I was sweating so much and breathing very hard. It was great and I feel so victorious!

I lost another pound, putting me at a total of 90 pounds lost so far. Yay! 90 pounds in just over 9 months. The weight loss is certainly slowing down during these later months, but it's a great result so far and I couldn't be happier.

Well, I could be happier if I wasn't fighting the urge to eat a lot of sugar and carbs right now! Well not right now, right now, just now in general. I think the last couple of weeks have been harder than any time since my surgery in February. My meal choices are still right on target, but after lunch for some reason, it's like I get started eating with my meal and can't stop looking for treats and things to have afterward. This is the main reason I have realized that I need a fill! I'm so glad that it's happening tomorrow.

I am also going to do the South Beach Diet plan starting on Monday. I'm hoping to retrain my body to not depend on sugar and carbs. South Beach has you eat basically lean protein and veggies to start with. The plan is basically laid out here if you're interested.

I'm not sure of the whole science behind this, but somehow, even with worse eating, I've been still able to have my weight go down. When it works in my favor, I won't question it--just enjoy it. I'm sure the exercising is helping. Finally. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Melissa!
I had HUGE cravings for sweets and carbs and then a friend suggested I do a ParaCleanse. It has helped SO much!!! You may want to look into it. It's not a "sit in the bathroom all day" cleanse like some are.

Melissa said...

Good job on your running! That is awesome. I am so proud of you. And I hope you get to hike Mt. Timp like you would like to.