Thursday, October 2, 2008

Marching band ruined me for running

Well, sort of. I cannot run (or even walk for that matter)to music unless my feet are hitting the ground right on the beats. I attribute this to those four years of marching band. It's even so bad, that sometimes I feel like my feet are not on the right part of the beat, like the right foot should come down on the first beat of the measure, not the left. So I have to do an awkward skip to switch feet. Band geek, through and through, I suppose.

The reason this creates a problem is that I have to be very specific about which songs I can use on my MP3 player for my workout since the song essential controls how fast my feet move. Right now I am using Maroon 5 songs: I use one for the walking parts and the other one for the running parts. I'm not completely sick of them yet, but I have already made up my playlists for the next 3 weeks, just using those songs, so I very likely will be sick of them. But, as long as they are the right tempo for me, I'm glad to have them.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You might want to try purchasing aerobic music from i-tunes. They have all sorts of mixes that keep a steady beat. True, it's your favorites redone by random artists and put to a techno beat, but it does keep you moving without having to skip a beat. It's all I use for my aerobics classes now, although I did resist at the beginning!