Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 4

I started my fourth week of Couch to 5 K this morning. It is so much harder than week 3. But I'm up to the challenge. Here's the workout:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
So I jogged 1.5 miles today, broken up of course. Very cool!

My weight is giving me troubles. I dropped a couple of pounds during the week, but as of the official weigh in day, I've lost no pounds this week. I guess that's better than gaining. I think I must need a fill. I'm trying to decide if I should get it before the holidays or after. If I wait, I may gain some, if I don't, then I risk not being able to eat much holiday food, which might not be a bad thing. We'll see.

Edited to add: I was just looking over my weekly weight loss chart and it's interesting to see that I've been bouncing up and down for several weeks now, but the overall trend is downward. That is interesting and somewhat comforting.

No comments: