Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Miles and Music

I drove my running route today and my pedometer is indeed correct. I've been running just under two miles in 25 minutes. I also continued driving to see how much further I need to go in order to make it 3.1 miles, or 5K. It sure seemed like a lot further to go than just another 1.2 miles. I'll get there though. Step by step.

I haven't shared my playlist here yet. I'm listening to music that has 150 BPM.

Mickey, Toni Basil
I Ran, Flock of Seagulls (I love the line in this one that says, I ran, I ran so far away. So appropriate.)
County Fair, Chris LaDeaux
Here it Goes Again, Ok Go
Little of Your Time, Maroon 5
What Goes Around Comes Around, Justin Timberlake (I got the clean version, don't know what's in the explicit one. . .and the one I got is a dance remix, type thing.)
Dance With Me Tonight, That Thing You Do--Soundtrack

I'm very pleased with this playlist. I love having music in my ears while running. In fact, I don't know if I could do it without it. I mean, I know I could, but it would be so much harder. I don't even want to try right now.

3 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Have you tried Mapmyrun.com? I use it for all my runs, love it, swear by it and it tracks your pace and calories burned. It is awesome!

bridt said...

that is so awesome. do you run continuously to this list or are you still doing intervals of walking?

Melissa said...

The only walking I'm doing is the 5 minutes of warm-up and a couple of minutes cool down. I'm running about 33 minutes right now. :)