Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Monthly Loss Totals

In three days, I will hit my six-month mark. I count all my weekly and monthly totals from today, though, because that's the day I started my pre-op diet and that's when I started losing weight. It's all part of the surgery process in my mind, so I include it. I wasn't losing weight prior to that date.

I thought I would list off the monthly totals so far on my weight loss:
Month 1 lost 30
Month 2 lost 13
Month 3 lost 10
Month 4 lost 10
Month 5 lost 9
Month 6 lost 9

These are measured according to my scale at home, on the 5th of each month. If I keep this pace up I'll be at goal in right around a year from my surgery, or a month later. I've been told that it gets increasingly hard and that the weight loss will slow down, so I may have to work harder to get that to happen.

2 comments:

James and Katrina said...

Melissa, it's been so fun to follow you along on your journey. I enjoy your "travel log". You're such a good example to me and a great friend. Keep up the great work!! Katrina

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
My husband is my support system and he found your blog. I will have my banding on August 27 and I am so impressed with your blog. You are an inspiration. I am an education consultant and am working with teachers on technology. I had contemplated using a blog for my personal journey. You are a great example. I have set mine up and will keep you in my prayers for success. Sylvia