Saturday, August 23, 2008

Goals met and new ones in sight

I met my exercise goal for August today. I will surpass it by 5 or 6 days by the end of the month. I had originally only planned on exercising on weekdays, but I've been able to do Saturdays as well. I don't plan on cutting back any time soon. I'm doing the T-tapp workout as well as walking, most days. I love using my mp3 player while walking. It's like the beat of the music propels me as I go. I love it.

My weight went back down those two pesky pounds. I'm at my lowest weight-to-date again. (On this weight loss journey, I mean. Of course I've weighed less before. I didn't come into the world at this weight!)

It dawned on me the other day that I'm getting pretty close to being 100 pounds down from my all-time high of 311. I was 303 the day I started my pre-surgery diet, so I've been reckoning by that weight and will continue to do so. But, before I got pregnant with Adam I was 311, so in just a few pounds, like 9, I'll be 100 pounds lighter than my heaviest. That is amazing!

My next goals are: 211, 203 (my official 100 pounds lost weight), 199 (or Onederland as the bandsters call it), and then to be lower than my husband weighs, which is around 185. He fluctuates a lot within about 10 pounds, so that goal will have to be to get less than his lowest usual fluctuation. Then of course, my final goal which is 160 pounds which would put me within the healthy BMI range.

I'm feeling more at peace about my fill and my exercise and not losing weight as fast as I think I should. I'm still going down, just a little slower. If I was giving someone else advice, I'd tell them to be sure to take into account the fact that exercising builds muscle which weighs more than fat, etc. It's just hard when it's your own weight situation to take that same advice. Thanks for everyone who is helping to remind me of those things.

I think I'm at a better amount of restriction than I had realized. I have felt the band more often lately as I'm eating solid foods like chicken, or beef. I am not going to worry about getting another fill just yet.

I've added a little traffic counter to monitor how much traffic my blog gets. I have a link on a couple of different places, so I was curious. I had 32 visitors yesterday, with only one of them being a return visitor. I put the counter on there in the evening yesterday, so that's pretty dang good. It's more people than I had realized were reading, that's for sure. You can click on view stats to see the info. It's pretty interesting.

I'm writing this to explain why my writing style may have changed a bit and instead of just writing this blog to friends and family, it's becoming more public. I'm okay with that as long as people are interested in reading it. I've gotten a lot of feedback about people feeling inspired by reading, so as long as it's doing some good, I'm willing to share. So welcome to you, whoever you are.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what blog etiquette would dictate, but I'm not often responding to comments because I'm not sure that that person expects it or would come back to see if I had responded. Please tell me if I'm wrong and being rude. If I'm asked a question, I'll respond, usually. Just know that I appreciate the positive comments and encouragement that are posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commend you for your determination and cheer for you every day. I find the weight struggle demorilizing at times. As you know, at the time we built out new house I got really sick during the move and overall dropped 50 pounds. Yippee!! I got out clothes tucked away in storage containers that I hadn't worn in 20 years, but ...
Those pounds started inching back on. I kept a log and weighed myself often. I have now gained back 30 of those pounds and if I don't do something about it, they will all be right back were I was 3 years ago.
I don't mean to cry in my stew or detract from you amazing success. I did want to pass along one thing that I've learned:
Sugar can create a ying yang affect on weight loss. I've never been a dessert person, but I have noticed that if I'm in a situation where a sweet thing is offered and out of politeness I eat it, the next couple of days will show a weight gain. But it seems to be an artifical thing because once the sugar is out of my system, my weight stabilizes again.
Maybe that will be of help to you.
Also, you might be interested in following our publisher's blog at:
http://epress-onlinepb.blogspot.com/
Many hugs,
Mom Nadene

Me said...

Thank you for writing your story.
It is very inspiring.

Melanie said...

I love your blog and re etiquette etc - you're doing fine. Happy to be counted among the visitors!
Melanie