Thursday, August 7, 2008

I went jogging!

Last night and this morning, during my daily walk I actually jogged a fair portion of the time. Not even half or anything, but more than just a little bit. I am so proud of myself. I wouldn't have thought I'd be jogging at least not at this point in my life. It's awesome to step things up and feel strong enough to do so. I need some new shoes.

I'm trying to work out whether or not I need another fill. I am hungry more than I used to be and my thoughts go to food a lot more lately. (At good restriction, that's not usually a problem.) My weight loss seems to be slowing down and not be as consistent as I'm used to. I am, however, afraid of being over filled. I see so many people have their bands so much fuller than I would be comfortable with. So do I keep trying to hang in there where I'm at, or take the risk of getting another fill? We'll see.

5 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Yeah for jogging!!! Keep it up! I would like to put my two cents in but since I don't know anything about the lapband procedure you can chuck it if you want. My two cents is try changing up your calories. I have heard that if you are in a slump then if you eat less one day and then little more another and then a little less the next sometimes that throws your body into a mod but I don't know for sure the mechanics of it. I just know that it worked for me, I ate 1200 calories one day then 2200 the next then 1400 the next and I lost 2 pounds. I also jogged on the days that I ate less (because I usually can't eat a whole lot before or after I jog). Any I have blabbed enough, I really just wanted to say good job on the jogging. :)

Anonymous said...

jogging??? WOW..good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Melissa. Just remember the turtle, slow and steady!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I struggled with that same decision before my last fill. My doctor said, if you get too full, we can always do an unfill.

However, you are exercising more now and that may be why you are hungrier. I have been exercising hard for the last two or three weeks, and I am definitely hungrier now. I was so worried, seeing my calories consistently at the high end of my desired range and even a little over. I ended up losing 5 lbs this week, which is the most I've lost in a week since that initial pre-op period. Your body needs fuel to exercise and build muscle, plus you are burning calories when you work out.

James and Katrina said...

Way to go! Sounds fun! I haven't jogged for a while...bladder problem now. =) Did the blog instructions help?
Kat