Friday, November 21, 2008

What?

I stepped on the scale this morning and was really hoping to see 208 again. It was holding at 208 and then it jumped to 206! I weighed again to make sure and it was definitely 206. It's good to see those numbers moving again. I've been eating better and exercising pretty hard, so it makes sense. Yay! Like always, we'll see if it sticks.

After running yesterday I came home and told Brad, "I hate running!" I really don't enjoy it a whole lot. The only reason I'm doing it is to get good exercise in and to get stronger. I think most of the times I go running I have this internal battle of trying to justify some reason I can stop after 1 mile, or 1.5 miles, or 2 miles, by the time I'm close to 3 miles I stop arguing with myself, but it's an internal struggle most of the time. I guess I wouldn't be growing as much if I wasn't doing something that is hard for me. I just had to admit that, though--That I sometimes think I hate running.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay. Guess what?! Most all of my runs (0-3 miles)are hard. Let me try to explain. When I start, I am dragging and my mind tells my legs to walk, but after I hit about 2 1/2-3 miles then I get into my groove and my body gets going and then I can run better. Does that make sense?
Keep with it. You are doing awesome. It will get easier and more enjoyable! Hang in there. (And don't push yourself too hard.)

Melissa said...

Thanks. I'm glad to hear that. I'll have to see if I'm up to doing longer runs after this is all over. There was one point today where I was running and it felt like my body was doing it all without me putting forth any effort. Just for a few seconds, but it was cool.

Anonymous said...

Yes. It is amazing when that happens. Also, it is extremely hard for me to run on the treadmill. I can do it every once in awhile. There is something about running outside that makes it just a little better. Good luck on the Turkey Trot. You will do awesome. You already are doing awesome things. =)
(p.S. This is Melissa. I was logged in under another name.)