Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ups and downs

It's been a roller coaster the last couple of weeks. I do great with eating one day, then the next is rough. I'm on a good day today.

I had to take an extra day off of exercising because I just felt like I was getting weaker and weaker instead of stronger and stronger. So I took Monday off and it really helped. I ran 2.6 miles today on the treadmill! I sweated so much. I sweat so much more using the treadmill verses running outside. The wind makes a difference, but that's not all, I'm sure. I must push harder when I can see the numbers. Anyway, I felt good and strong. That's in contrast to last Saturday when I could barely drag my feet. I think I was under 2 miles in the same amount of time as my 2.6 miles today. Oops. I just realized I was supposed to increase my distance and time today since it's a new week. I've got a couple more runs during which to do so, though.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I think sometimes we just have to go with the flow. Sometimes we're flat and it seems like pushing at these times makes things work. I look at your recent photos and think wow! You're doing exceptionally well. What about the fluid retention? Did that settle down?

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well. I can't imagine walking 100 feet, let alone running over 2 miles (but I'll get there!) You are just awesome!!!!