Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Better today

I'm doing better today. Sorry for the downer post yesterday, but it's reality and sometimes reality is a downer.

I've made much better food choices yesterday and today. I didn't consciously say no sugar, but that's what's happened. Yay for that.

My feet have started swelling again. They were chronically swollen while I was so heavy, but when I started losing weight after my surgery, the swelling went away. They have been swollen now for about a week. They are bothering me, a bit painful, and I think I may go to the doctor and see if he can't figure out why the swelling--or maybe a chiropractor. We'll see.

Unrelated to that swelling, my feet have gone down 1/2 to 1 shoe size. I went to buy shoes a couple of days ago, ended up getting a size 9W (used to take a 9 1/2W) and these size 9s are a little too big. The size 8 1/2 ones were too small, so I couldn't have gotten those. Weird.

I'm about to send in my registration for the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot. Pretty exciting. I still have a ways to go to run the whole 3.1 miles. I can do it, though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo Whoooo....go turkey trot!!! :)

We're getting excited to see you all soon!

-Cyndi

Anonymous said...

For feet swelling, try and sleep with a large pillow under your feet to elevate them. It may help.