Thursday, November 13, 2008

5K

I did it! I ran 3.1 miles this afternoon. I didn't even know I was going to do it until after I had started running. I felt strong, so I figured why not, and gave it a shot. I doubted myself after finishing that I had really done that, so I went back out with the car and drove it and it was precisely 3.1 or 5K. That's so amazing to me that I can do that. Turkey Trot, here I come! By the way it took me 41 minutes to do so. That makes it about 13.2 minutes per mile. Not bad, but I can do better.

I'm so glad exercising is going well because I'm still struggling with my eating. I don't know why it's so hard for me these days. My band is just right as far as tightness goes. It's just the junk I eat in between meals that is causing me not to lose weight. I got down to 208 with the South Beach week I did, but as soon as I went off it, I went right back up and then back down the next week and then back up again. I finally accepted it and changed my ticker back. (I hate doing that when it's going the wrong direction!) I was 213 yesterday, 212 today. I need to do some soul searching and praying and find a way to be stronger with my food choices. It doesn't help that Thanksgiving is coming up and Christmas is right around the corner. Blasted food-oriented holidays!

2 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Congrats on the 5K. You are doing so great. Keep it up and don't worry about the weight (I know it is silly) but think about where you are. I bet even when you used to weigh this amount that you still couldn't have run a 5K. You are AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

Stop weighing yourself everyday. It may be working against you. If you've lost, then you give yourself a little permission to cheat (eating between meals), if you're up then you can beat yourself up. You may not even realize you're doing it.

Better to weigh yourself once per week. I do Fridays since it's at the end of my typical routine weekdays. Try it for one month and see how it goes.