Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm obese!

Which is awesome, since a few days ago I was morbidly obese. Okay, I know it's silly, and just labels, but I have officially dropped into the range for being obese, no longer with that nasty m-word attached. I started at a BMI of 46.1 and as of yesterday, I'm now 39.8. I may not even qualify for the surgery if I applied for it right now. Although I still have considerable weight to lose, that's the basic criteria. I've added a ticker at the top right of my blog so you can see my progress. I had to swallow some pride to put those numbers up there.

Joey asked how I'm feeling, if I'm feeling energetic. I'm feeling slightly more energetic. Since my surgery, my daycare load has more than doubled, so I'm also more busy and darn tired by the end of the day. I have the energy to do what I need to for daycare, so I guess that's where the energy is being spent.

Emotionally, I'm doing great. I feel happy and blessed pretty much all the time these days. It's just exhilarating to step on that scale and see it either staying put or going down. I wasn't a weigher before. Who wants to watch their weight go up and up? I sure didn't. I didn't really know what to do about it. Now I do.

My girls are thrilled that my body is changing. Hannah hugged me the other day and was so excited that her fingers could touch behind me. We tried again later and she can actually clasp her hands behind my back while hugging me. She was trying to express what she was feeling about my changing body. She prefaced it by wondering if it was too rude to say, but then the best way she could get it out was, "Mommy, you didn't look very good when you were fatter." I told her I know and also helped her understand that she could rephrase that into a compliment, instead of being negative.

Our branch held Fast Sunday yesterday and both girls (all on their own) decided to fast. When we discussed what they'd be fasting for, they both said they were fasting to help me continue to lose weight. When I asked Brad, that was on his list as well. Well, that I could continue to have success with my surgery and weight loss. I'm so loved and supported by these wonderful people I get to call my family. How can I not be happy? :) Thanks for all of your love and support as well. I'm truly blessed.

3 comments:

Brad said...

You're so great, honey! Congratulaions! Way to go!

bridt said...

this posting made me cry...right at my desk at work! how embarrassing.

i'm so happy for you and proud of you too.

Anonymous said...

You look amazing Melissa! Im so glad that you are having such grad success with your surgery!

Love,
Bailey