Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Empowerment

I just went grocery shopping. I felt so empowered to be buying good, real, healthy food. After being on the pre and post operative diet, it is an amazing change to be able to eat vegetables again. I filled my cart with more than twice as much produce as I usually do. I got squash, (zucchini, yellow, spaghetti and butternut), green, red and yellow onions, bananas, clementines, apples, mushrooms, and a few other things I'm forgetting. I can't wait to make up some veggie omlettes, have some veggies with the fish I bought. (Talapia, for the first time ever, some pouches of flavored tuna and canned salmon.) I'm still doing okay with not eating sweets. I passed the Easter candy with hardly a thought. That, to me, is a miracle. Empowered is the word that kept coming to me as I shopped. Healthiest shopping trip I've made in years, hands down.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Congratulations on your empowerment! I can tell how good it makes you feel.