Saturday, March 29, 2008

A big milestone


As of this morning, I've lost 40 pounds. 40 POUNDS! It seems ever so much more than 38. I've been trying to go clothes shopping without much luck. I've tried clothes on twice at Wal-mart and ended up just buying a couple new bras. (Sorry if that's TMI.) None of the clothes look very good on me and so I'll just make do with some of the smaller sizes that I have at home. I've retired two pairs of pants that look ridiculous on me. I think I'll be retiring a couple more this week. If I had more options than just Wal-mart, it might be a different story, but for now, we'll just make do. On April 5th or 8th I'll take new progress pictures in the same outfit as the before shots. For now, though, I'll just add a recent picture of me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look AWESOME - BEAUTIFUL! I am so glad you posted a picture. Way to go! I will continue to keep cheering you on!
Love,
Laurie

Melissa said...

Thanks, Laurie!

I don't know why I stick my pinky finger out when I'm having my picture taken. It's not because I'm feeling cute as Brad suggested, because I have it out in my before shots. I was certainly not feeling cute then. :)

SallyB said...

You look great, but it's because you look so happy, Melissa. I'm so happy for you.
hugs,
Sally

Ben Harrison said...

Looking great sis. You're looking thinner... especially in your face. The big smile helps too. :)

Anonymous said...

Looking Great!!! You're making amazing progress. Keep up the good work. Wish I could give you a big hug in person, but I guess a cyber hug will have to do for now. (((hugs)))

...And I think the pinky out thing is cute even if you aren't feeling cute.

Love you,

Cyndi :)

bridt said...

you look beautiful and so happy.

have you ever tried buying clothes on ebay? i've gotten some great (cheap) stuff there, by more expensive brands that i already know i like. also i think you can buy target clothes through amazon.com and get free shipping.

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work, Menoosh! I can really see the results.

Tell us about how you're feeling physically. Are you feeling more energetic?

Melissa said...

Thanks for the amazon.com suggestion. I'll check it out. I have looked at ebay, but not extensively.

Joey, I think I'll make a new post to address your question. :)