Thursday, March 6, 2008

30 pounds and a fill

Well, this morning, the scale read that I've dropped 30 pounds. In just about exactly a month. Wow. I am constantly amazed and grateful.

I'm going in to get my first band adjustment today. They're called fills. It's because the band is filled slightly with saline. A needle is inserted through the skin into the port that is attached to the band. As saline is injected, the band becomes tighter. Dr. Melniczek will be in Goodland and my regular doctor, Dr. Daise, will also be in attendance. He's going to learn how to do an emergency unfill in case I'm ever in need of such. After the fill I am probably going to be on liquids again for a few days and then moving on to more solid foods. It'll be interesting to see how this fill goes. Some people get restriction with one fill, and many more people need several fills to achieve that sweet spot where you're restricted just the right amount.

No comments: