Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NSV

On the LapBand message boards, they use the term NSV. It stands for a non-scale victory. Things that have nothing to do with the numbers on the scales but are victories for us in our weight loss journeys.

NSVs so far:
non-swollen feet
smaller fingers

Yesterday during Family Home Evening I noticed I was crossing my legs. Now, I still have many pounds to go before crossing my legs becomes super comfortable, but usually crossing my legs is not the most comfortable position, so I don't do it. I had done it without thinking about it yesterday and I was fairly comfortable sitting there.

Also, during the game of "Guess the Animal" I actually got down on the floor and mimicked a kangaroo. My favorite animal to mimic is usually the sloth, that way I didn't have to get up from my chair. So I guess I'm getting some additional energy. At the least, my mindset is changing, from a low-energy, do-as-little-as-possible person to getting involved with life. Step by step, it is coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you guys still play that silly game. I don't remember ever hearing of it before Mom and I introduced it to you kids. It must have been Mom's idea. So glad it continues.

Dad

Melissa said...

It's easy and takes no preparation. It's perfect for a spur of the moment FHE.