Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Goodbye weight, hello feet!

I'm really enjoying my feet. I can see my veins and tendons and my ankles. I showed Rachel my ankles and she said, "Oh no, not again." She thought that the padding around the protrusion of my ankle bone was swelling. Thing was, she wasn't used to seeing that protrusion, it's been obscured with swelling.

Tomorrow is Adam's 1st birthday and if I lose one more pound tomorrow I'll have lost 25 pounds, which is what he weighs on our home scale. So by his birthday, I will have lost Adam. Or at least his equivalent.

I haven't written for a few days because I was feeling lousy. Last Saturday I started vomiting and feeling miserable. Not sure if it was sugar detox, or dehydration, or what, but I vomited 4 times on Saturday and once on Sunday. By Monday I was feeling better and also got some anti-nausea medication. I hope my band is still securely in place after being taken on a ride by my stomach. I've been back on liquids/full liquids for a few days. Pretty soon here I should be able to start some pureed foods. (read: baby food) I will be on those for a couple to three more weeks, so I'll have to get creative.

I'm feeling good, though still have to not overdo things. I walked to the end of our road, about a block, to get the mail and back this afternoon and it was all I could do. I got on a cleaning kick today as well, but noticed that my body told me when I was done.

For Adam's birthday cake tomorrow, I've decided not to do traditional icing. I just can't put that into his body. We're so careful about what we feed him normally, I just don't want to give him junk. So I'm making a banana cake and icing it with whipped cream and maybe pudding. A while back I bought these toppers that go on cans of whipped cream and color the edges of the sprayed cream blue. I've never had reason to use them till now, so I'm excited. We're just having our little family for the party. Everyone we know here is too busy, we don't want to bother them with a baby birthday party.

Thanks for all the love and support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great progress! Don't worry about us being busy all of the time! We see a first birthday as a major milestone and so much fun! I hope Adam enjoys his first birthday! I can't believe he is already a year old!

Love,
Dawn