Sunday, February 3, 2008

Everything is in place

Well, everything has fallen in place and surgery is on for this Friday at 12 noon. I'll be heading to Denver early on Thursday morning for the pre-op appointments. Brad and Adam will be with me and Rachel and Hannah will be staying with some friends.

I'll be spending the night on Friday in the surgery center and coming home on Saturday. We'll be too late to vote in the Kansas Caucus which is taking place that day. Bummer, that would have been a fun experience.

Brad and I are going to dinner tomorrow night. There's a new Chinese place in town that is supposed to be pretty good, so we're going to go there. We were planning on that for Valentine's Day, but I won't be eating solid food by then, so tomorrow is going to be my last supper, so to speak before the liquid diet begins. I will have only liquids for three days before the surgery. I'm stocked up on clear juices, broth, jello and protein powders. Should be interesting.

I'm mostly excited with a little bit of nervousness mixed in. Any of you who would like to send some prayers up for me would be greatly appreciated. Mostly, I just hope I don't die. Everything else I can handle. I just have to make it through surgery. I'm confident that I will, but there's always that small chance that something can go wrong. My surgeon told me I had more chance of dying on the way to Denver in a car accident than from the surgery. Risks are something we have to take in order to live and this is one that I'm fine taking so that I may live more fully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course my prayers are with you. I hope this surgery goes well, and that it provides you the relief you seek. I think you are brave in undertaking this program, and I hope it does for you what you want it to.

Dad.

Anonymous said...

Our prayers have been with you since I first learned, only a few days ago, about what you were undertaking. After talking with Royce about it (he's actually more knowledgeable than many doctors) and doing some research on my own, the LapBand seems like an acceptable risk. Please keep us updated.

Love and Hugs,

Mom

SallyB said...

Of course, prayers galore from Sally! You'll be fine. You've made this decision in prayer and faith. I'll have confidence for you, if that helps. ;) Have fun on your date!