Monday, February 25, 2008

25 on the 25th

Well, my hands fluctuate, so I think I jumped the gun on the declaration that I can't wear my ring on my normal fingers anymore. That particular night my ring was slipping off, but the next day I could wear it on the left hand again. It'll be soon, I'm sure, that I have to deal with that.

As of this morning, I'm down 25 pounds. 25 pounds on the 25th. 25 pounds in 20 days. I don't feel a lot different.

I went to church yesterday for the first time since my surgery. I was afraid of feeling really conspicuous, but it wasn't weird at all. My branch members are all so loving and supportive. I did wear myself out by the end of the day. My back hurt a lot. It felt like pregnant back. LOL It was good to jump back into things. It was time.

I'm pulling out my Flylady book this morning. (Don't know who Flylady is? Check out www.flylady.net.) I feel the need for some more order in my household and my life. I'm going to get dressed all the way to shoes this morning.

I need to get some walking in. It's hard to with the winter weather, but I need to do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are doing so well. WoW! 20 days since the surgery? That went by really fast.

Melissa said...

For the weight loss, I'm actually counting the three days previous to the surgery, because that's when I started the liquid diet and that's when the weight started coming off. I figure the pre-op stuff is part of the surgery too. So on the 25th, it was only 17 days from the surgery.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am so excited for you and your progress. It is wonderful you are feeling so well. Love, Aunt Lisa