Friday, February 6, 2009

With two days to spare. . .

. . .I saw 199 on the scale this morning! Onederland! I guess all I needed to do was make a whiny post about how I wasn't losing weight. (Oh, and get a fill.) It may not stick, like my weight usually does, go back up before coming back down, but my goal was to see that number by the year mark and that is this Sunday. I can hardly believe it. :)

I went on Wednesday to get my band adjustment, or fill. He added .3 ccs to my band bringing my total fluid to 6.8, I think. I can tell a difference even on the "straw" diet I'm on. (Anything that can fit through a straw is okay, though I am not supposed to actually use a straw.) It has been taking me a while to even drink water, or Pero, so I know I have more restriction. The big test will be this afternoon when I start adding back in some regular foods. I plan on going slow, though because I don't want to get anything stuck!

My appointment with Dr. Metz was great. He was much more impressed with my weight loss than I had been feeling. He said I'd lost an average of a pound a week since seeing him last. That's definitely an average, because I've been stuck at the same weight for many weeks, so I guess I had a few bigger drops in there that I'm forgetting. Anyway, he was very positive about my progress. He also told me that maybe another 20 pounds and I would be a good healthy weight. I've been planning on another 40 according to the healthy weight charts. He didn't seem to agree with those for ultimate goal planning. We'll have to see how I'm looking and feeling in a few pounds and maybe I'll alter my goal then. What I would really like is to have a size goal and not worry about the numbers, just what size I end up being. I would be happy with a 12, and thrilled with being a size 10.

My hip has been bothering me after running. I saw the chiropractor yesterday and he's going to have me go get some x-rays done of it to make sure that there's nothing "pathologically" wrong with it. I think it has to be pretty severely deteriorated to show up on an x-ray, so I'm not thinking he's going to find anything, but we'll see. He wants me to reduce to 70% of the running I'm doing. So instead of 6 miles on Saturday I should run 4.2. I know my hip will still hurt after that distance, but he told me to ice it, so we'll see if that helps.

So I'm feeling happy today and hopeful that I can finish this journey.

5 comments:

Brad said...

Way to go, Honey. You're looking great! Welcome to Onederland! :)

James and Katrina said...

Congratulations, Melissa! That's so exciting for you! Hey, we're going to Hot Springs, SD next week. Want to meet us there? Just 6 hours from your place. =)

Melanie said...

Wow, how fab having a lovely comment from your partner. Well done and congratulations. You already look so good in those photos and you've been an inspiration to me since I found you blog some six months ago. Great work.

Melissa said...

Katrina,
I wish we could come meet you guys. Too bad it's not our Spring Break or anything.

Melissa said...

And thanks, Brad and Melanie. :)