Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sometimes exercise sucks

Yesterday I went for a walk. I walked close to three miles. It was awful. I hated the last half of that walk with a passion. First of all, it was much colder than I realized when I left the house and instead of going back and getting a jacket, I just went ahead and walked. I figured I'd warm up and be fine. Well, the wind had other ideas. Brrr.

On the way back from my turn-around point I was so cold and my back was killing me. I stopped several times to stretch my back out. At one point I even found some grass to lie down on to make my back feel better. It helped. But man, I think that walk was harder than most of my runs--including the longer ones.

Don't know why that is, but sometimes exercise is just harder. Yesterday was one of those days.

2 comments:

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

that sounds horrible! Glad you made it home! ;) Wind really gets me, too. You're an amazing example to me. :) sally

Brad said...

Yeah, partially my fault. Sorry about telling you that it was nice enough outside to not need a jacket. My bad. Especially being your weather man.