Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm really liking this

I woke up early today and got part of my exercise done, read my scriptures and am ready to face the day. I really like this feeling.

When I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing with my time, I just end up not doing important things, like scriptures and journal and even sometimes exercise. With something like this challenge to keep me focused on what I want to be doing, I feel so much more centered and peaceful.

This morning Rachel came upstairs and found me sitting in the recliner, just finishing up with reading my scriptures with the back door open. You could hear the birds chirping and the misty morning air was invigorating. She sat down and we talked for a couple of minutes. Then she said, "It feels like something special is supposed to happen today." I know what she means. It just feels different to have enough sleep and to deliberately start your day off right.

Here's hoping the rest of the day follows this great morning.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

what a great feeling! I agree - sometimes I have to work hard to make sure I do what I SHOULD do as opposed to what I need to do... I hope that something special does happen today for you!

Dana said...

I know what you mean!! Good for you sticking to your goals and especially making time for reading the scriptures. Thanks for the good reminder - I needed it.