Monday, July 6, 2009

Going back

A friend once told me that you don't realize how much you've changed and grown until you go back home, or back to where you came from.

Yesterday we went to the St. Louis Arch for the fireworks display. This isn't the first time we've made that trek. It's usually about a 1/2 to 1 mile walk from wherever we have parked to get to the Arch. Doing that at over 300 pounds was really hard. It was usually very hot and humid and I dreaded that part of our adventure every year.

Well, yesterday was so amazing. We walked it and I don't even think I broke a sweat. It was almost effortless. I had run a 5 K that morning, shaving 4 minutes off my time from last fall. I just felt so amazing. I told my husband that I was so happy I wanted to cry. Things start to feel normal and then you do something like this and really realize how far you've come. I'm so blessed to be where I am right now.

3 comments:

Lady Lap Band said...

Melissa I just found your blog through someone elses blog and man you look great you are an inspiration! I was just banded 17 days ago and I hope I look as good as you in a year! Here is my blog

www.ladylapband.com

Breanne

Melissa said...

That is awesome Melissa! Way to go on your 5K and for your effortless hike. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. You are doing great.

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration in your true down-to-earth journey. Love to read your blog.