Friday, July 17, 2009

Ending a good week

I'm back from vacation and doing pretty good with my eating and exercising. I have had perfect points so far on my health challenge this week. It's much easier to do when you're back in your own world.

I have started adding protein shakes back into my diet. I used them a lot at first and tapered off, but I have felt like I need some more protein. My weight is down a couple of pounds today, so we'll see if that's why!

I also tried something new this week. I did interval training for my run. That entailed walking for three minutes, sprinting for one minute, walking one, sprinting one, until I couldn't do any more. It ended up being about 1.5 miles. The funny thing is, even though the amount of time I actually ran was much less than I usually do, my legs were very sore the following day. I also was extremely fatigued after the run. It felt good. It would be interesting to do that outside with a stopwatch. This was on the treadmill.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow you continue to do so well - look at those before photos! Was that really you? I read about how you dreaded a part of your visit when you had to walk and this time you didn't even break out a sweat. Today I walked up a huge hill to a lighthouse and barely noticed I was doing it - love that band and what it's done for us! Thanks for your continuing inspiration