Sunday, December 21, 2008

Major Milestone!

As of this morning I have lost 100 pounds! I'm so excited. 203, baby. If I follow normal patterns, my weight will go back up a couple pounds for a few days and then in another week or two I'll be back down to where I am now. But whatever. I'm at 203! I skipped 204. What an amazing day.

Yesterday we were cleaning out our closet and I started trying on some more clothes. I'm in a size L or 14 on top and still a 16 on the bottom. I also am able to fit into the dress my mom wore to my wedding and I'm wearing it to church today. It's a beautiful burgundy dress. It will fit me better in a few pounds, but I'm wearing it today anyway. It is a size 14.

I'm almost to my 11-months-from-surgery mark. I can't believe it's been that long. February 8th was my surgery date. So much has happened this year and I'm so grateful.

Yesterday I went to the GAC again and figured out that the treadmill I've been using defaults on an incline of 2. That's why it's been harder for me to run on it and why I haven't been running as fast as I'd like. I'm used to running with no incline. I'll have to see how I do next time with it on 0 incline. Maybe I'm stronger than I realize.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations on this momentous milestone. I've been following your story sine June this year and you're very inspiratonal. You look terrific - you must be very tall as you look much lighter than 203. I love the new photo. Have a lovely Christmas. Melanie

Dana said...

Melissa!

You look wonderful!! I love that you have stuck with it and you look great!

Dana

Melissa said...

Thanks, Melanie. I am 5 ft 8 inches. (172 centimeters, isn't that how you calculate height in Australia?) Anyway, I'm fairly tall for a woman, but not Amazonian, or anything. :) Thanks for your encouraging words.