Monday, July 21, 2008

We are back!


We had such a nice trip. We got home on Friday morning after Brad pulling an all-nighter driving straight through. I'll post more about the trip on my journal-type blog. About my weight: it's been bouncing around a bit since being home, so I'm not sure exactly what the results of the trip were on my weight. Saturday, it appeared that I was the same weight as I was when I left, then yesterday, up three pounds then today back down two. That's weird for me since my weight is usually pretty stable day to day and I don't usually see big random fluctuations. So, somewhere between zero and three pounds is the result of our trip. I'm thinking there's some fluid retention playing a role in this. It'll even out after a couple of days, I'm sure.

On our last day of vacation, I hiked up a mountain! Totally not realizing what I was getting into, I agreed to hike the Timpanogos Cave trail with my family and Ladd and Kristine. Well, it was a doozie. Here's the illustration of the trail, found at the trailhead:

It was only about 1.2 miles, but we increased over 1000 feet of altitude during that time. First of all, the altitude made it harder to breathe, and second of all, I haven't gotten very fit yet, so it was like tackling a huge mountain (hee hee) out of the blue. Overall, I'm glad we did it and it was a very beautiful hike. I can hardly believe that I made it up that mountain. Last year that would not have been possible with the extra weight I had on me. That's our group in the first photo, minus Kristine who was behind the camera.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great jorb!

James and Katrina said...

Great! That sounds like an awesome hike. Way to go! We haven't tackled that hike yet...maybe some day. Sounds like you had a nice trip!