Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ick and Wow!

I changed my ticker--up. I hate having to do that, but I'm trying to keep it real.

Something weird is going on lately with my eyesight. My right eye is suddenly seeing a lot better than normal. I can actually read things at a distance of five feet or so without my glasses on. That's crazy for me. I am really blind without my glasses normally and usually can't even tell there are words, let alone read them.

I remember reading one time about a woman who's doctor told her that losing weight can improve your eyesight. Something to do with the fat deposits behind your eyes. I don't know. I can't find any info to back that up, but it is a little weird. Cool, but weird. Good thing I am supposed to go in for an eye exam in a few weeks anyway. My contacts are now a bit off--prescription-wise.

I've been running 2 miles as many days a week as I can. Shooting for 6, but last week was only 4. I went yesterday and had to slow to a power walk when my hip began to hurt. That's the first time in a long time that it has bothered me. It wasn't anything major and it doesn't hurt today, but I didn't want to take a chance.

4 comments:

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

My eyes improved slightly this last year. Not enough to be able to read without my glasses (!!) but enough that the new, correct, prescription gave me a headache for a week. Only one eye changed, I guess, so the perceived imbalance between the changed lens and the same lens made me feel a little vertigo as well. Crazy what the brain can do. Good luck with that! lol

Wow on the running. :) and hugs.

Amy said...

Very interesting! My mom works for (well I do too) an ophthalmologist, I'll have to see what I can find out about that!

Dana said...

Wow!! I love that your eyesight is improving as time goes by...mine only gets worse each time I go in to the eye doctor :) Hopefully yours continues to get better!

THE DASH! said...

Hi from Australia, Melissa

Came across your blog and read it in one sitting. What an amazing woman you are, seriously, to have lost SO much weight. (MUST go and find somewhere that converts pounds to kilos, over here we work on kl's lol). Your writing is clean and concise and I loved every second of it. Keep at the weight loss. You seem to have it pretty much nailed. Look forward to the next installment.
Cara :)
PS Are you able to put one of those follow charts up. I went to subscribe but it only brings up some weird page and I'm sure I will miss your updates cos its not on my dashboard. Just a thought :)