Saturday, January 5, 2008

Not much to report

Not much has happened in the surgery category, so that's why I haven't posted anything. I did call the insurance a couple of days ago to check on the status of my claim. The claim was submitted on December 26th and they have 30 days to review it. I'm hoping it's faster than that, but in any case, we should know by the end of January if it will be covered (I'm very confident that it will be.) and hopefully have a date set for surgery.

I did find out that the cost of fills and any complications that arise is also covered on my plan. That's good to know because fills are $150 and I don't want to end up putting off getting a necessary fill because of money reasons. I've seen posts by people who have done exactly that and ended up gaining unnecessary weight because of it.

I'm getting a little nervous about my eating habits and especially coming off of the holidays, I've not been eating a healthy diet. I got an email from my nutritionist who was reminding me of her suggestion to try to eat the post-surgery diet for a little while to see if I can do it. That scares me, especially without the restriction of the band. Eeek. That's a good place for me to start though, and I know I need to do so before too long.

Sure did enjoy having the Elliotts here for a few days. Love you guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, "practicing" the new eating habits makes sense, but don't let yourself be discouraged. Look at it as an opportunity to fine-tune it to your needs before hand. Finding your own "good eating." You might like this book called "Gluten free girl." Not because you have celiac (lol) but because of her attitude. She took that diagnosis and food restriction as an invitation to find joy in everything that she could eat. It's fun reading and pretty inspiring. Confidence! Enjoy the journey!

Sally

Unknown said...

Yeah, my holiday eating habits were pretty bad too. Maybe we should all be practicing your post-band diet.