Sunday, January 20, 2008

Date adjustment

Well, it's still tentative, but Dr. Melniczek emailed and said they're planning on the surgery being on February 8th. He has a couple other surgeries that day. I was thinking I should go last, then he'll have at least a couple more surgeries under his belt! Hee hee.

I will go to Denver on the 7th for some pre-op counseling and then have the surgery on the 8th. I'm guessing I'll be released on the 9th and home that evening. Unfortunately, Brad won't be able to get the full 10 days off of work like he would have earlier in the week. It'll be more like 7 or so.

Now I'm researching protein powders and probably going to order them online. Unjury.com is one source that a lot of bariatric patients use pre and post surgery. I need to get on some good vitamins too. Proteins and vitamins are essential for energy and to prevent muscle and hair loss.

I'm excited, but getting more and more nervous as the realities of these changes I'm going to be making are sinking in.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I'm excited for you and here for you, Honey.