Friday, December 7, 2007

Insurance

So it looks like my insurance will cover the Lap Band surgery at 90%. I don't have any major hoops to jump through. Originally someone had told me I'd likely have to go on a diet for 6 months first, but that's not the case. I just had to have the BMI qualifications and I do. I will have to meet with a psychiatrist and nutritionist, but that's all done at the surgery center, so hopefully I can have those appointments the first day that I meet my surgeon. At this point, March isn't looking like an impossible goal for this surgery, but I'll just have to see what happens. I'm excited.

www.lapbandtalk.com has a great forum where people discuss all things lap-band. There is a thread with over 100 pages of before and after photos. Okay, some of it's comments, but there are a lot of amazing photos there. It's inspiring and exciting. Overwhelmingly, what I have found about this surgery is positive.

I'm well aware that there is a possibility for complications, and some people have needed to get rebanded or have the band removed altogether. I can live with that knowledge. I am hoping for a complication-free experience, but I'm not being naive about it.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you guys have. :)

1 comment:

Brad said...

Thanks for the link to the forum. I'll definitely take a look at it.