Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Progress

Usually I gain weight during the holidays. Not this time. Playing this Game On! diet has been just the thing I've needed to get my mindset right and get my behaviors back in line and where they need to be. I've lost 6 pounds so far in December and plan to lose at least 10 by the month's end. I'm feeling so great.

The basics of this game are to eat 5 meals no closer than 2 and no further than 4 hours apart. They have to be of approved foods and consist of a healthy carb the size of your fist, a healthy protein the size of your palm and a healthy fat the size of your thumb. You also get 100 free calories a day, one meal off per week and one completely free day. I think that is helping me keep my sanity and have a little indulgence without completely feeling like I've blown it.

There are also points for changing a bad habit and developing a good one, drinking enough water, exercising, getting enough sleep and communicating with your teammates and opposing team members.

Something about the set up of this competition is really effective and it seems like nearly everyone is having success.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so awesome! I am with you on the never lost weight over the holidays except this year. 23lbs, just got my band. good luck to you!

Phoenix lap band surgeons said...

I was kinda confuse when I first saw your picture(rub the eye), I thought it was someone else slimmer than the other one. I'm so glad that you are really on the game!Again, Nice Job! way to go Melissa!

Anonymous said...

Where did you hear about the Game On plan/game? Can I find it written up somewhere on the Internet? You are so blessed to have gotten a handle on this situation in your relative youth. It gets way harder as you get older. I have Chronic Lyme and am really crippled so exercise is difficult for me. I do 20 minutes on a Chi Machine, and a 23 minute on seated Tai Chi. I also do a seated Yoga, and while it's not aerobic, I feel it brings lots of benefits into a person's life. But congr-ulations on your success and progress. It is awesome.

Melissa said...

Anne,
Here is the website:
http://www.thegameondiet.com/

I have a family member who suggested it to me. She's experienced in the game and has taught a whole group of us how to do it. It works best if you have others to compete with.

One word of caution. The book The Game on Diet explains all this stuff, but it has a lot of profanity, specifically the f-word. Because of this I have not yet read it, but have relied on my step-sister to tell me what I need to know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Melissa