Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pretty good

I'd say things are going pretty good. Not great. Not poorly. Just pretty good. I've been able to stay out of sweets a lot better than I had thought I might. I've got to make some more changes though, because my weight isn't responding as quickly as I thought.

I've been down six pounds so far, but my weight is really bouncy! It fluctuates quite a bit. Right now it's inexplicably back up to higher than I started. It's not because I'm eating poorly, so I'm not really worried about it, but still, it should be going down faster and more consistently. That means I'm probably eating too much of not good-enough food.

I do pretty well at getting my fruits and veggies in. I know I'm still eating too many refined carbs; crackers, bread, pasta, rice, etc. I'm a rock star at getting my water in. I'm consistently getting 80 oz of water a day, often more.

So I'm going to try tracking my calories for a few days to get a feel for how many I am eating and where I need to make changes to get things moving faster.

I've done a handful of exercise sessions. I'm surprised at how out of shape my body is. Walking is still hard for me. T-tapp was hard, but I feel like it's about the level I'm at right now.

My official weigh-in day is Monday, so we'll see how I'm doing by then.


2 comments:

Dana said...

One thing I am just now discovering with my fourth pregnancy is how much harder it is to loose the baby fat versus my other pregnancies. My thinking is that my metabolism has slowed way down in my 30s versus when I was in my 20s.

If that is what you are experiencing as well, I'm not sure yet what can be done about it - just don't get too discouraged my dear friend!

ggburns said...

Thanks for your continued honesty in your journey. I would like to be banded, but haven't quite faced losing my crutch forever. Your blog is inspiring and your courage and determination are amazing. Congratulations on your newest family addition. Keep on fighting and know that you are helping others with your posting.