Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting it all out

This week I'm going to see my surgeon and get all the fluid taken out of my band. I haven't been able to eat properly for the last few weeks. The heartburn isn't bothering me right now, but I've been taking Nexium, so that's probably why.

I've had a hard time eating much of anything solid. It's been rough. I do not like being so tight. Two bites and I'm full? Painfully full? Even sometimes drinking plain liquid, (warm tea, or water even) is painful. That's not what the band has been for me. So, I'm just going to go ahead and get the fluid removed. Hopefully that will help with both the acid reflux and not being able to eat.

I've gained about 7-10 pounds. I'm sitting right around 200 on my home scale. Not too bad. It's still hard to see my weight going up.

I've been feeling a bit of depression trying to seep into my life. I know I need to kick it in the butt with good nutrition and exercise. It might take a bit to get there, but I will get on a good schedule again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U seem like a good mom...hang in there. A few pounds will do the baby good and you'll handle it fine - I'm sure. Were u this light for previous pregnancies? U r probably healthier with your exercise too and I'm sure your doctor would recommend to continue doing so. This could be and probably will be quite a different experience with the band. Best of luck and take care!

Emily said...

I think it is totally normal to be down during the first weeks of pregnancy. Who wants to feel junky ALL of the time? I am glad you are taking steps to make yourself more comfortable. I will keep you in my prayers!